You are not logged in.

Announcement

The old forums are still available here! (read-only)

#26 2013-08-23 20:08:36

Kabbalista

Re: Pylaivng and Grub2 Problems (again)

And, the build worked big_smile

--- Love you Anna ^^ ---<br /><br /><br />Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in praelio!

#27 2013-08-23 20:21:19

g7
Drink Drank Drunk
Website

1º - The bazaar version of Pylaivng presents version 0.5.0~pre2. The log shows version 0.5.0~pre2+bzr459. Is there any differences between this two versions?

g7@meddle:/tmp$ bzr branch lp:pylaivng
Enter passphrase for key '/home/g7/.ssh/id_rsa': 
Branched 459 revisions.                                                        
g7@meddle:/tmp$ cd pylaivng/
g7@meddle:/tmp/pylaivng$ ./pylaivng.py -v
./pylaivng.py version 0.5.0~pre2+bzr459
g7@meddle:/tmp/pylaivng$ 

I find it strange that your bazaar version doesn't show the +bzrREV suffix.

2º - After the line "I: Creating live-build configuration..." your log presents all the live-build configuration. Is this effect of a verbose option or is this the default behavior of your version of pylaivng?

I'm using the very same version found in the bazaar repositories (in fact, pylaivng updates the repository itself after a semplice build has been made).
I do not know why you don't get the same output I have, are you checking on the pylaivng output or in the child commands output? (/var/log/pylaivng/pylaivng-PID)
On weblaivng, the first log is the pylaivng-PID, the second is pylaivng's output. If you check, the second log doesn't display the live-build configuration.

3º - Using a local repository will the Debian repo be included by Pylaivng on the resulting ISO?

I think I need to clarify something: by local repository I mean the local mirror made with "repo create" and updated with "repo sync".
That is, the repository you set in lb.mirror.

As it is basically a mirror, it works like the remote mirrors (such as ftp.it.debian.org, ftp.br.debian.org etc).

The repository you get in the support/ directory in your .iso image contains instead the packages specified in binary_packages in your configuration file. Currently there are grub-pc and grub-efi, but they will not get installed by linstaller 4 (you need to wait for linstaller 5).
That repository will be included no matter if you use a remote or local mirror.
Setting binary_packages to false will of course do not download the support/ repository.

Kabbalista wrote:

And, the build worked big_smile

awesome smile

Eugenio

Releasing happiness. Blame me on twitter!
Like what I do? Buy me a beer! EUR, USD

#28 2013-08-24 11:15:57

Kabbalista

I think that I need to read more your code and stop asking so many questions tongue

I'm working on the amd64 version now. Thank you for your help!

--- Love you Anna ^^ ---<br /><br /><br />Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in praelio!

Board footer